NOTICE: COVID-19 – Bigfork Valley Fitness Center
In response to COVID-19/coronavirus and directives from our local and state health agencies, and as a precautionary measure, Bigfork Valley will be closing our fitness center as of 8 am on 3/17/2020 until further notice and all Bigfork Valley group fitness classes will be cancelled until further notice. We will work with members on extending memberships once we reopen, so no monetary loss is incurred.
We are working closely with our community leaders and will continue to communicate with you when we are able to reopen the fitness center and resume classes.
We are following the Minnesota Department of Health’s recommendations and allowing them to manage all communications related to COVID-19 cases in the state of Minnesota.
Thank you for your support as we work to ensure the health and safety of our community. If you have any questions about the fitness center, please contact Sue Myers at 218-743-4275
The Fitness Center at Bigfork Valley is a community membership, 24/7 facility with quality aerobic and strength conditioning equipment. The Fitness Center also has men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers and lockers. Monthly rental lockers are available.
Additional COVID-19 Resources
A partial list of equipment includes:
- Incline trainers
- Elliptical machines
- Recumbent and regular bikes
- Spinning bikes
- Virtual reality bike
- Rowing machine
- Free and machine-based weights
- Leg press
- Pull-up assist
- Dip assist
- 24/7 secure access
- Secure men’s and women’s locker rooms
- Floor to ceiling mirrored wall
- Climate controlled to maintain temperature at 68°F
- Equipment cleaned daily; anti-bacterial wipes available
- iPad, iPod accessible
- Television viewing with audio on separate FM wavelength for private listening
Membership and fees
- Membership is open to those 14 and older
- All new members must register for orientation class before using equipment. Call 218.743.4133 to schedule.
- Street shoes are not allowed on the equipment. Please plan to carry soft-soled shoes in separately to limit salt and dirt on equipment.
- Hospital district: $25 per month
- Outside hospital district: $35 per month
- Seniors 65 and over: $20 per month
- Daily: $5 (register in Human Resources)
- $5, $4, $3 per month, depending on size
Personal trainer services
A certified personal trainer is available by appointment. Sessions $15/hour, membership not required. Call 218.743.4275 and leave a message or email.
A variety of classes are available onsite in the Fitness Gym (located next to the Rehab Department) or as noted in the class schedule. New classes are constantly being developed to meet participants’ needs. Call the Fitness Center with your ideas.
All classes are free to Fitness Center members except those taught by outside instructors as noted in the class schedule. Classes are $2 per session for nonmembers.
Appointments and information
Fitness Center Coordinator
Access and payments