NOTICE: COVID-19 – Bigfork Valley Fitness Center
To our Valued Community Members:
Due to recent increases of COVID cases within our county and state, we regret to inform you that plans for reopening the Bigfork Valley Fitness Center to the public in late October have been postponed at this time. This was a difficult decision because we understand the importance of having access to a clean and safe workout facility in our community, especially as we approach the winter season. In recent weeks, schools within our district have begun moving to hybrid and distance learning as the county COVID case-rate increases, while hospitals within our region are also seeing an influx of COVID-related hospitalizations. In consideration of these events, and with your safety and the safety of Bigfork Valley staff and patients as our top priority, we feel it is prudent to also delay our Fitness Center public reopening for the time being.
We look forward to being able to provide this service to the community again, and we continue to meet regularly to determine future planning. Please refer to our Bigfork Valley Fitness Center website and Facebook page for the most current and up-to-date information. This will include COVID updates, hours of operation, membership forms, and potential reopening dates. We encourage you to review this information, as some of our policies and procedures have changed.
We thank you for your continued patience, understanding, and support of the Bigfork Valley Fitness Center during these difficult times. If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, please contact Courtney Olson, Manager of Rehabilitation Services, at (218) 743-4133, or Sue Myers, Fitness Center Coordinator, at (218) 743-4275. If we are unavailable, we will return your call as soon as we are able.
Courtney Olson, Manager of Rehabilitation Services
Aaron Saude, CEO
Dr. Ed Anderson, Medical Director
The Fitness Center at Bigfork Valley is a community membership, 24/7 facility with quality aerobic and strength conditioning equipment. The Fitness Center also has men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers and lockers. Monthly rental lockers are available.
Additional COVID-19 Resources
A partial list of equipment includes:
- Incline trainers
- Elliptical machines
- Recumbent and regular bikes
- Spinning bikes
- Virtual reality bike
- Rowing machine
- Free and machine-based weights
- Leg press
- Pull-up assist
- Dip assist
- 24/7 secure access
- Secure men’s and women’s locker rooms
- Floor to ceiling mirrored wall
- Climate controlled to maintain temperature at 68°F
- Equipment cleaned daily; anti-bacterial wipes available
- iPad, iPod accessible
- Television viewing with audio on separate FM wavelength for private listening
Membership and fees
- Membership is open to those 14 and older
- All new members must register for orientation class before using equipment. Call 218.743.4133 to schedule.
- Street shoes are not allowed on the equipment. Please plan to carry soft-soled shoes in separately to limit salt and dirt on equipment.
- Hospital district: $25 per month
- Outside hospital district: $35 per month
- Seniors 65 and over: $20 per month
- Daily: $5 (register in Human Resources)
- $5, $4, $3 per month, depending on size
Personal trainer services
A certified personal trainer is available by appointment. Sessions $15/hour, membership not required. Call 218.743.4275 and leave a message or email.
A variety of classes are available onsite in the Fitness Gym (located next to the Rehab Department) or as noted in the class schedule. New classes are constantly being developed to meet participants’ needs. Call the Fitness Center with your ideas.
All classes are free to Fitness Center members except those taught by outside instructors as noted in the class schedule. Classes are $2 per session for nonmembers.
Appointments and information
Fitness Center Coordinator
Access and payments