Recent Awards and Recognition
Hospital Patient Satisfaction
- National Rural Health Association Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals for Patient Satisfaction (2012-2014, 2016-2020, 2021,2022,2023)
- National Rural Health Association Top 20 Critical Access Hospitals for Quality (2018)
- Bigfork Valley Chiropractic (Mike Olson, DC) received recognition as a Center of Excellence by ChiroCare (2017-2021)
- National Organization of State Office of Rural Health Performance Leadership Award for overall excellence in quality and patient perspective (2017)
- Bigfork Valley was named a recipient of the Women’s Choice America’s Best 100 Hospitals for Patient Experience award (2011-2014, 2016-2019)
- The hospital received a front page feature in the Duluth News Tribune, Saturday, Feb. 1, 2013
- In summer 2014, Bigfork Valley received the HealthTrust Social Stewardship award for its initiatives that reflect social and environmental responsibility.
- Bigfork Valley awarded CALS designation for continuing emergency skills improvement through the Comprehensive Advanced Life Support curriculum, 2011; renewed 2016 and in 2020.
- Bigfork Valley designated as a level IV trauma facility, December 2012.
- Listed on the Star Tribune Top Workplaces list as a National Standard Setter 2015, 2016.
- Healthcare Achievement Award for Financial and Operational Improvement within an Acute Care Critical Access Hospital-Amerinet
- MN Department of Health (MDH) Antibiotic Stewardship Honor Roll recipient (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
In this section
- Board of directors
- CEO welcome
- Mission and vision
- News center
- Our community
- Photo tours
258 Pine Tree Drive
Bigfork, MN 56628
218.743.3177 | 866.743.3177