Bigfork Valley Hospital (BVH) strives to provide quality, affordable care for all of its patients and is committed to providing financial assistance to uninsured and underinsured individuals in need of medically necessary and emergency care.
- Uninsured Patients – Individuals who have no insurance or third-party assistance to help pay for their medically necessary care.
- Underinsured Patients – Individuals who have limited insurance coverage or coverage that leaves them with a large personal payment.
Patients that qualify for our financial assistance programs will not be charged more for medically necessary or emergency care than the amount generally billed to insured patients for similar services.
Financial Assistance Programs
We offer two financial assistance programs – Charity Care and Uninsured Discount. To be covered by one of these programs you must meet the criteria described below.
- Charity Care
- Only medically necessary and emergency care is covered
- Uninsured patients need to apply for Medical Assistance and provide proof of eligibility or denial
- Insured patients need to work with the insurance company responsible for paying for the care so that all insurance payments can be made
- A financial assistance application, including all supporting documentation, must be completed and approved.
- Uninsured Discount
- No application is required
- Patient must be uninsured
- Only medically necessary care is covered
- Discount is automatically applied to gross charges and reflected on statementFinancial Assistance Application and GuidelinesA free copy of BVH’s financial assistance policy, application and guidelines, that explain how to complete the application, can be obtained from any of the sources listed below.
- BVH’s website – www.bigforkvalley.org
- By Telephone – Contact a patient financial representative Monday-Friday, during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 218-743-3177 or 866-743-3177 to request a copy that can be mailed or picked up.
- By Mail – Send a written request to: Bigfork Valley Hospital. Attn: Business Office. PO Box 258. Bigfork, MN 56628
If you have any questions that have not been answered by the resources above, please contact our patient financial representative at client phone number and they will be happy to assist you in finding an answer.