Adult Day Stay
- A place to come to spend a day with others and join activities
- A place to bring your loved one or foster adult for respite care
- A place to receive personal care and medications
The facility is a homelike area with lots of windows. There is a resting couch in a separate room and a private bathroom.
Transportation can be provided by a hospital bus in the local area, and is available outside the local area for a fee.
Included in the programming are:
- 2 snacks and a full lunch
- Variable activities may include shopping trips, on-campus events or visits to local sites. Programming depends on participant wishes
- Sewing or baking projects
Day Stay staff feel it is important to make sure participants are able to do what they want, whether it is to have their weekly medications set up through home care nursing, watch a favorite television show, or go on an outing.
There is a daily fee for participation in Adult Day Stay. There are many programs to help defray this cost; contact Barb Rahier at 218.743.3052. A United Way recipient.
Bigfork Valley maintains an accessible bus for use by Day Stay participants and others. The bus accommodates 13 passengers plus wheelchairs. A wheelchair van is also available.